Wednesday 24 April 2013

A quick little post about the Jambo Arts exhibition

Demonstrating Pastels at the exhibition


Jambo Arts is a Non Government Organization started up to promote art in the Marshall Islands.  I joined recently and I'm really loving being involved with the group, they are quite an inspiring bunch. Last Friday and Saturday I exhibited some of my pastels in the biannual exbo and got a great response for my first public showing. Just thought I would post a few photos that a fellow Jambodian artist took at the exhibition. I sold a large format pastel of a Maori face moko.  I might find a few more photos for the next post. 

A close up of a Maori portrait  I am working on

Some of the exhibits, note the WAM model canoe.  Can you spot the pastels of Ants reclining and the bearded man, some of my contributions? I bought the "LIVE" picture in the foreground which we have up on the boat now.

No comments:

Post a Comment